Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring is on its way!

Today was the first day that really felt like spring! It was also one of those lovely days that starts out around 30 degrees and goes up to 60 degrees. I'm discovering that it is a lot harder to do the whole seasonal layering thing when I have to wear dress clothes than it was when I could throw on a hoodie, but hopefully I'll figure it out eventually!

My church is having a retreat this weekend, so we are going somewhere to the East of Seoul to a little retreat center in the mountains. Cherry blossom season is coming really soon, so maybe things will be super beautiful out there! Apparently the cherry blossom season proper is supposed to start on April 5th. Hopefully we'll get a preview!

I'm in charge of food/meals for the retreat, and it has been a lot of fun to plan that kind of stuff again! It was definitely harder to plan for this than for other trips though. I never realized how many little pieces of information have to be put together. In America, I know if I should go to Wal Mart, Aldi, Sam's or the Gordon Food store for the best quality/price. I know exactly what is available. I know that there are 21 usable slices of bread in a Wal Mart brand sandwich loaf. In Korea, things are a bit harder, and take a bit longer. However, thanks to some help from some Koreans along the way, I think that we won't starve this weekend, and we were able to come in just under budget!

This will only be the third time I've been outside of Seoul city limits since I arrived here almost 8 months ago, and one of those times was to travel to the airport to come back to America, so it doesn't really count. I'm excited to spend some time in what will hopefully turn out to be countryside! Maybe we will even be able to see some stars!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stats