Sunday, October 30, 2011

Things I've Seen and Done, Part 3

I didn't see or do very much this week... It's midterms time, and I've been quite busy with all of the marking. 

I saw this on the way home from work yesterday. Elderly people go around to lots of different places and collect cardboard boxes. They pull them around town on these carts. I assume that they sell the cardboard, but I don't know that for sure. When I moved back in August, it was nearly impossible to find boxes because of this phenomenon. 

Ever wondered what goes on in an ESL class? Now you know... At least, this is what we did in my advanced literature class, discussing fairy tales and satire. We used Shrek. 

There's a cute restaurant relatively close to my house called Le Vert. I was there the other night with some friends, and they have this cool, massive melted wax sculpture thing. 

There's a random toilet that has appeared in my neighborhood. 

A bar named "joy o' clock". It's hard to see on the small picture, but the round sign declares this to be a Western style bar. Whatever that means. 

I've talked about Korean bbq on this blog before. I was out and about on a cold night, and I walked past this oven where they heat the coals for the bbq. It felt really nice!

Last week I told you about the produce you can buy from the backs of trucks in Korea. This week, they were selling socks and tights. 

I've had this picture for a few weeks, I just keep forgetting to post it. This is from my favorite restaurant in my neighborhood. They've made a cool mural of all sorts of pictures, posters and advertisements, then put random picture frames on top of them. It makes me really happy every time I go into the place!

In other exciting news, my hair has finally gotten long enough post unfortunate hair cut that I can sorta, kinda, almost put it into an updo! It takes about 15 times the amount of bobby pins that it used to, but hey.... It's a start!

Isn't this the cutest toothpick holder you've ever seen???

Vietnamese food! I think I ordered a combination of beef brisket and sirloin, but I don't remember. This is one of the few times that beef is reasonably priced. These bowls of pho are ridiculously large. I've never been able to finish one. And they're only about $8!

Finally, one of my students sent me an email this week. She was explaining why she had missed an assignment, and asking for a deadline extension. She told me that I was a really good teacher and that this was how she felt about my class. Oh, Korea. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stats