Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Oven, Part II

I had some of my students over tonight for dinner and a movie. While they were here, I took the opportunity to have them help me translate some of the bells and whistles on my oven. It turns out it is a lot more than an oven! Here are a few of the settings:

Roasting meat
Broiling
Home Baking (which is apparently a special setting for cookies, cakes, bread and brownies)
Steaming
Auto-sense cooking
Microwave
Oven
Grill
Fondue (which is supposed to be for melting things)
Fermentation (Who knew that an oven could also be a yogurt maker???)
Dehydrating (perhaps anther use for the leftover bananas?)

It has special settings for defrosting meat, auto-cleaning, a special fan setting to help remove smells from the oven. You can change the settings to reflect what kind of tray or pan you are baking with. You can even adjust the oven based on which level of the oven you have the rack in. It's pretty crazy.

I suppose that it isn't quite the pink easy bake oven I wanted when I was a kid, but it will have to suffice. At least it came with flower decals on the door, right?? I'll probably never, ever use most of these settings. But isn't it nice to know that they are there??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stats