Monday, December 20, 2010

A Tale of a Dwarf Country and a Giant Country

Whew... It's been quite the week. Finals were last week, and it was pretty crazy. I had to administer a normal exam for my IT English class, but all of my other classes had to submit written portfolios and then come in for an individual interview. I also start teaching winter intensives tomorrow. For the next three weeks, for three hours a day, I'll be teaching about American culture in movies. It should be interesting, once I figure out how to pace a 3 hour class ;-)

In the tradition of all semesters, now that it is finished, I am sick. Hopefully I won't get too sick though. After all, the next term is starting! With my student's permission, I thought I'd share some of their writings that I particularly enjoyed over the next little bit. I haven't edited the grammar, content or spelling at all in these. This came from an assignment to write a fairy tale. Enjoy!

Once upon a time there was a dwarf country and a giant country. A serious climatic change occurred. It has caused a food crisis in the dwarf country. The prince of the dwarf country left for the giant country for borrowing some food. He walked and walked and run and rn. On his way he had lots of difficulties. Big birds and dogs attacked him. Also the weather was very cold and windy.

After 10 days, at last, he arrived at the giant country. He went into the giant's palace. When he entered the giant's palace he saw the giant princess. He fell in love with her when he saw her for the first time. But he couldn't express his feelings because he was a dwarf. He borrowed some food and went back to his country. But, as ever, his mind was full of the thinking about her. Everyday he longed for her.

He went to meet a witch in agony. He said to the witch. "I really love the giant princess but she is too big to be my girl. Please make her small like me." The witch said on thinking over "I can help you. but. I can only make her small. I can't make her big again. This is very important fact."

"Okay, no problem. I'll make her happy" the prince replied. In that night, the witch used magic and the giant princess changed into the dwarf. Next day, in the morning the princess screamed looking her body. She cry and cry all day long. She packed and left for the dwarf country quietly. She didn't want to show her appearance to anyone.

When she got near the dwarf country, she met the dwarf prince. The dwarf say her eyes filled with tears. He said, "Why you look so sad? What happen?" she told him everything that happened to her. The prince said, "I'm sorry to hear that. I want to help you. I'm a prince in this country. I'll give you chance to live in my palace." In that time, the princess had no time to think. She followed him.

The prince was very happy as if he got everything in the world. However, in the dwarf palace te princess never laugh. She always looked so sad. In every night, her cry came into the prince's hearing. He thought. He made a big mistake. He was very sorry to her.

Again he went to meet the witch. He said, "My thinking was so short. It's my fault. Please. Make her big again. I'll do anything you want me to do." The witch thought seriously and said, "There is only one way but if she get big, she won't never remember you and you will die. Do you want this way?" He said, "If it is only way to make her happy, I will die. It's... okay..." In the night, the witch used magic.

 The princess changed into a giant again and the prince vanished like smoke. The princess lives happily ever. nobody remember the dwarf prince and the princess's appearance when she changed into a dwarf.

-THE END-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stats