Thursday, August 18, 2011

Indiana Weather

Indiana is famous for it's unpredictable weather this time of year. Through most of spring and summer, the weather can do crazy, crazy things. Of course, it's tornado season right now, so you always have to keep that in mind too.

I was recently driving from Evansville to Lafayette. As I was driving, I noticed that the sky was starting to look a little bit strange up ahead. When it is good conditions for hail, the sky turns a slightly green color. I called my dad to have him look at the radar so I knew if I should pull over or not. I was in my mom's soft top convertible, so hail would have been bad news. There were reports of hail, so I pulled off to the side of a road, under an overpass to wait it out. While I was sitting there, I got a prime example of the vagaries of Indiana weather.



This is what the sky looked like on the right side of the car. It was fairly dark and a little menacing. 




At the same time, this is what the view was on the left side of the road. It was a perfectly lovely sunset. 

I'm happy to report that I didn't encounter any hail storms on my journey, and I made it safely to Lafayette. I was definitely glad to be done with the trip though!



This is what the weather was like the day before, as I was driving down to Evansville. 



I'd forgotten that skies could be so blue. I'm not sure if it is because the sky really doesn't usually get this blue in Seoul, or if I just don't really notice the sky because of all the buildings in the way. But it was a beautiful day for a drive!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stats