Sunday, November 13, 2011

Things I've Seen and Done, Part 5

This has been one of those weeks where it seemed like I was always busy, but not much got accomplished. I didn't actually go and do much, so I consequently didn't see much either ;)

The aftermath of a baby shower I threw for Stacy last week. We ordered a lot of pizza, because normally when I order pizza for groups they involve men and women. It's amazing how much less you need when it is just a group of women. 

Last night I went over to Itaewon to see a production of "The Importance of Being Earnest", the Oscar Wilde play. It was quite well done, and an all around enjoyable evening. 

On the way to the play, my friend and I walked past this street food vendor. If you click on the picture to enlarge it and look closely at the dish on the left corner of the table, you will see that it is steamed or roasted pig snout. Delicious. 

A small section of Seoul at night. My friend and I were walking, and we decided that since we couldn't see any stars, it was at least a good thing that the lights were pretty. 

The moon was really beautiful that night, so we tried to take pictures with our phones. They didn't turn out so well, but this one amused me because it looks like the moon is part of a street light. 

It is getting close to kimchi making season, so there are lots of piles of cabbage popping up around the city. 

I got back from teaching classes on Friday to find this on my desk. I guess this makes it all official that I have a big girl job and all of that good stuff....

While we were walking back to the subway from the palace earlier in the week, we saw the Johannes Brahms cafe. It pretty much made my day. It is interesting to note that there are lots of cafe type places that sell coffee and alcohol together. 

A closer look at the door reveals that they not only sell coffee and cocktails, they also serve the ever mysterious "bear drink". 


2 comments:

StacyMahy said...

Your desk plaque is amazing!!!!!

Beka said...

yay for big girl jobs!

Post a Comment

Stats