Thursday, January 12, 2012

What I've been up to

So things have been a bit quiet around here lately. That's more because I've been really busy than because there's nothing to write about. So now I have quite a few things to catch up on as far as blogging goes. But here's a sneak peak.

My friend Beth is visiting from America, so she and I have been out and about doing fun things, discovering quaint places and ridiculously cute things, and eating amazing food. I've also been teaching an English camp for elementary school students, and that certainly takes up a lot of time. Without further ado, here are a few highlights.

This is a chai tea latte. It will change your life. It's amazing. And the spoon has a face. 

The inside of yet another cute cafe. 

Some of my crazy kids during English camp. 

I found amazing elephant earmuffs!! Expect to hear more about these later. They've become quite significant :)

This is Beth's first proper meal in Korea. 

This is the strawberry smoothie that changed Beth's life. It was pretty awesome to sit back and watch. 

We were shopping for books, and we saw this series of English books. I'm not sure if I would feel encouraged or depressed if I were studying from them. 

More of my crazy kids. 

A hysterical translation of a text message. It sounds so apocalyptic. 

We got some free cookies! They were really delicious. 

Another amazing cafe. This cafe was amazing for a number of reasons. Again, expect to hear more about it. 

One of the reasons the cafe was so amazing was because it served REAL APPLE CIDER!!! Like, it had tiny pieces of apple floating around in it, and it was served with a real cinnamon stick. It was the most amazing thing I've had in a really, really long time. The strawberry smoothie may have been the best moment of Beth's life, but this apple cider was pretty close to mine. 

I got a ridiculously adorable passport cover!!

She winks at you!!


We got Korean style porridge for dinner tonight, and as always, it was a treat. I got pumpkin porridge with rice balls and red beans, which is a whole lot more delicious than it sounds. 

Finally, Beth and I got matching bear foot slippers with little claws that stick out. It was pretty amazing. And they were super cheap! I'm mostly just excited that I found shoes in Korea that actually fit...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stats