Monday, December 26, 2011

Things I've Seen and Done: Christmas Edition

Christmas is a quite different experience in Korea. It's a relatively new holiday, so there isn't the same sense of tradition about all of it. It is basically a holiday for Christians to celebrate in church, for couples to have another go at a valentine's day style thing, or in some families, for little kids. Some of the stores put up Christmas decorations, but not all of them. It seems to be more concentrated in the specific shopping areas, or the big chain stores. Lots of little stores don't do anything special for Christmas, and for most people it's just another day. It is considered a national holiday, so people get Christmas day off, but they just get the one day. Because Christmas fell on a Sunday, nobody got an extra day off, and for most people, it was back to work on Monday. 

It has snowed a little bit in the last few days. There wasn't snow on Christmas, but this is the Wednesday before Christmas, as I was waiting for the bus. 

I went to the shopping district near my house and took some pictures of the Christmas decorations on the stores.  

"Gift for My Fair Lady"

These big flowers were made of sparkling Christmas lights. 

I'm not quite sure why there was a fluorescent unicorn inside of this wreath, but there we have it. 



This isn't really related to Christmas, but there is a cosmetic chain called "Food Skin" that always makes me smile when I see it. 

There were some awesome hats. Donald duck, panda bears, cute baby wolves....

I think the "Angry Birds" merchandise was my favorite though. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stats