Sunday, December 4, 2011

Things I've Seen and Done, Part 8

We had to get photos taken for the yearbook a few weeks ago. On Wednesday, I walked into my office and found a sheet of these on my desk. It isn't a particularly good picture. But it made me laugh. I'm pretty sure that my head isn't shaped quite like that. I didn't know it was possible for a scalp to stick almost straight up like that!

Support Bacteria! It Supports You! I noticed this on the side of a wall in my neighborhood. 

I was so incredibly excited to find this in a store recently. And it was only $5!!!! Oh, the simple joys in life. I bought four boxes to stock up for Christmas baking. 

Maybe I just didn't frequent coffee shops in America enough. But it seems like the coffee shops here have much cuter things with the passing seasons. 

I had to transfer all of my attendance marks to clean sheets because I have to turn them in and I've made notes all semester. I had to do this for six classes. I thought I was going to go cross-eyed by the time I was done. 

This is a hoddeok. It is similar to an elephant ear, only instead of being deep fried and dipped in butter and sugar, it is stuffed with a wonderful brown sugar/cinnamon/pine nut concoction in the middle. 

See that wonderful gooey stuff? It tastes amazing. But it is boiling hot. I've never managed to eat a hoddeok without burning my mouth. These only seem to show up at the street food stands in the winter. They are about  four inches across, and this particular hoddeok cost about $.70. 

I was waiting for a bus the other day, and I thought that this was an interesting picture. There seems to be a decent amount of construction going on in this part of town. 

3 comments:

Beth H said...

You need to learn how to make hoddeok if you don't already know how so you can make it for me when you come back. It looks amazing! :)

Sarah said...

Fear not Beth, I do know how to make them! It takes me much longer than it does the ladies on the street, but I can make them.

Unknown said...

I'm with Beth..let's have a hoddeok making party sometime! :)

Post a Comment

Stats